Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Update: 20 days of fun

So as many of you know today was my appointment with the doctor to see if I was off bed rest or if the baby was still trying to push her way out.

The good news is that I have not dialated any more. I am still at 2 cm and 50% effaced. Yipppeee for lack of labor process.

HOWEVER, since I did start to dilate at 33 weeks the doctor mentioned I might not want to work until I hit the 37 week mark. As of now if spoon is born she will have to spend time in the ICU because she is not big enough nor developed enough. After 37 weeks she could be born safely and most likely avoid the ICU. So of course like any responsible mom to be I said, fine I won't work for a few weeks. . . no biggie. I can handle no work, gives me more time to do other things. There is still SOOOO much to do to get ready for the baby and not to mention the house could use a good cleaning. No work, no problem.

Of course these were the thoughts in my head. . not reality. My smart and concerned husband had the sense enough to ask "does this mean she is still on bed rest?". To which the Doctor replied "ohhh of course" . . and to which I whined "COMPLETE BED REST???" and of course the doctor replied "Yes, most definately" . . . I even begged for 30 mins a day to walk around or clean or put sheets on the crib. . .ANYTHING . . .to which I got a big fat NO. Complete bed rest. . . means complete bed rest.

I am not just whining because I am bored. I am not just whining because complete bed rest means I can not even sit up, making even computing hard and painful on my wrists. I am whining because there are 20 million things to do. I am whining because Mark has papers and trials and should not be coming home to clean, fix me meals and wait on me. I am whining because I feel like a total burden and like I can not contribute. :(

However, once again my smart husband knew what to say. He reminded me that our babies welfare is more important than a camping trip (damn I am missing that this weekend), cleaning the house or even going to the grocery store and that me being on bed rest is what I have to do to keep the little one safe. He also reminded me that marriage is team work and sometimes one person pulls more weight than the other and this is his time to pull more weight. . . and he is okay with that.

It made me feel better but I admit I still have the urge to sneak and do the dishes. But I won't. I shall lay here like a vegetable and only get up to go to the bathroom. Fun, Fun for 20 whole days.

No comments: